Thanks to Mike Hayward Jnr for this info on the Amherst gig. (15/11/06)
We caught our 2nd great Bob show of the year. The last being late summer in Manchester, NH.
The set list included:
1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat -great opener that got the crowd moving. We love this tune.
2. The Man In Me – one of my fiancee’s (Kim) favs from last night.
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum – could have been a fitting Bush-Cheney campaign slogan.
4. When The Deal Goes Down – one of the few great new tunes.
5. Cold Irons Bound – cool tune that coincides w/ Bob’s amusing camera angling in his video for it. Its included in the special edition of his new album.
6. The Lonesome Death of Hattie Brown
7. I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
8. John Brown – great old classic Dylan tune.
9. Watching The River Flow
10. Sugar Baby
11. Highway 61 Revisited – got the crowd’s groove going again.
12. Spirit On The Water – another Kim fav for the night.
13. Summer Days
14. Lenny Bruce – to the pleasant surprise of many in the crowd.
15. Thunder On The Mountain
16. Like A Rolling Stone – great finish, leaving the crowd wanting more.
Bob & the band sounded great. He even provided some comedic relief as a stage hand was grabbing an acoustic guitar in front of Bob during a tune that got him laughing &leaving out a substantial set of lyrics.
That got bassist Tony Garnier noticeably laughing too. Bob’s voice was strong & quite clear & the band seemed tight.Tony does an amazing job assisting Bob in keeping the band together. Every leader needs a right-hand man & Tony is definitely Bob’s.
Bob is still sporting the finger bling.
Jack White & The Raconteurs are a great opening act w/ a super variety of tunes w/ different sounds & tempos. Their voices are strong & instrumentally tight.
All in all, another great night w/ Bob.